Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hooked on Wire Wrapped Earrings!


I have been on an earring making binge this week... making wire wrapped earrings like crazy. The bug hit me Sunday night and I haven't stopped since. It started with tiny geode pairs, then rose quartz crystal clusters, and onto cabochons I've had stashed away for some time waiting for the perfect day to set them. I haven't made earrings in a long time and all of a sudden I couldn't stop making them! I ran out of the wire I use for wrapped earrings and had to stop (for now).

It is so crazy how all of a sudden you can get a craving to make something and you just HAVE to do it. When I get like this I shut everything out and just create... I forget to eat, drink, talk,.... Good thing breathing is automatic-LOL. I just put my head down, create, look up and realize the day has gone by. It's a rush. There have been times that I will wake up in the middle of the night and creep down the stairs to make things... I just wake up with an idea on my mind and have to try it.

So, if you've emailed me or called this week and haven't heard back you know why! I'm sorry, I think I have it out of my system (for now). I can feel the next round coming on... I found some of the most beautiful blue and green phantom crystals I'm dying to get my hands on!! I also found some natural rhodochrosite crystals and... and... and... oh no, I better get to bed before I start pulling everything out again!

I have another gem show this weekend. If you have a request please let me know! It's a smaller show, but I have found lots of little treasures at this one in the past!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful earrings Kristie, when will you post the pearl ones you made from the icicle beads you found at the show....heehee

    ReplyDelete