Sunday, April 13, 2008

Wire Play--Scrolled Sterling Silver Necklace

I have taken a few days to let loose and play with my wire. It's been too long since I took a break and just experimented without purpose. Sometimes it is easy to fall into a creative rut... when that happens I like to take time to let the brain go crazy and try new things. I have a pile of experiments, good ideas that need work, concept drawings, and a handful of new pieces that are unlike anything I've done before. It's fun to forget everything and just create! This is a scrolled necklace crafted various gauges of sterling silver wire...it's pretty and I haven't even cleaned and polished it yet. I'm liking lacey, open designs for warmer weather...I'll have to keep experimenting!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:24 PM

    WOW! I really like this. I find my best pieces are the ones that I was just experimenting wire or what have you. I truly love this very different and very eloquent. I have nothing of mine posted. This is a good idea to post things. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best ideas are born out of mistakes and experimenting for the fun of it! If you have any pieces posted let me know---love to see them!

    ReplyDelete