Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A New Wire Design!

Time for spring cleaning and new designs! I have been working on new necklaces and collars. As I complete them I'll be featuring them at sculpted windows jewelry and at Gallery 141 in Lancaster, PA.

This collar features several strands of smooth and twisted sterling silver in a freeform sculpted design. Oxidizing and buffing really brings out the texture and detail. I love taking long lengths of wire and working them with nothing but my hands. You just let the wire tell you where it wants to go and how it wants to flow and go for it. Each one of these comes out completely different. I've done a handful of these and none are ever the same.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:16 PM

    This is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:03 AM

    beautiful!!! i like the way you wrapped around the wire, reminds me of a snake!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:51 PM

    who would want a shaped wire on thier neck , little beads , spacings would do the job . anyways absulotly buetifull ! <3

    ReplyDelete