Tuesday, February 01, 2011

New Wire Wrapped Jewelry on the Way!

Just finishing up a batch of new Wire Wrapped pretties! I think Valentine's Day crept into my brain finally... pinks, greens, and hearts. "Greens?" you ask... why yes, they are as essential for the heart chakra as pink is.

I have also been working more on wire weaving too. I weave here and there and just haven't given it the time it deserves. I would like to incorporate more weaving into my designs and come up with some new pieces. The earrings in the lower-right corner were created (by me) from a pattern in Jodi Bombardier's new book Weave, Wrap, Coil. A great book if you are a wire jewelry nut (like me). She shares some nice projects that are a good springboard for coming up with new designs. It is good for the beginner to a seasoned wrapper like me. My friend Kerri & I enjoyed working on a few of the projects in it last week. It's been awhile since I found a wire book I liked, thank you Jodi.

No comments:

Post a Comment