Monday, November 22, 2010

Dioptase Jewelry on the Way!

I've had a few inquiries about dioptase and wanted to give you an update. These are the new dioptase pieces I've been working on. I will be listing them on ebay tonight into tomorrow. I only have a piece or two left to wrap, sadly this will be about all I have in dioptase between now and the holidays. Sorry, I wish I could find more but I haven't had much luck. It has become a difficult gem to find since the mine was closed. Most of what I found at our recent shows were not suitable for jewelry, it would not hold up to wear and tear.

If you're not familiar with dioptase it is one of my personal favorites... deep emerald green crystals with nice surface shine and sparkle that no other natural green gem even comes close to. If you love emerald, dioptase is even prettier, it is what most emeralds available to us today aspire to be. Being a May baby, I can't help but be drawn to it!

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I have seen this stone, and it is outstanding, to say the least. And your wirework just adds to the beauty.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dioptase is one of my favorites. These are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete