Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Wire Wrapped Clay Goddess Pendant--"The Sapphire Goddess"

Many have requested I make pieces that feature polymer clay & wire....

Finally...A piece that includes both of my artistic loves! This is the "Sapphire Goddess," a signed creation. She is a blank white face cabochon I brought to life with acrylic paints, swirls of solid sterling silver, & a sapphire bead! She is a celebration of the creative spirit in all of us!

There is something captivating about her simplicity...as many know I create very intricate pieces of clay and wire, but I think simple pieces can be even more difficult to master. Clean lines and white 'canvas' have a way of giving away any flaws...a steady hand and purpose are definitely required!

For those that work with my face cabs or beads in your creations...SEND ME PICTURES of your work to post here, in the blog or just so I can see what these faces have become! (If you send a picture let me know it is safe to post online)! I hope each of these ladies finds a good home, but I rarely get to see what they end up becoming! For those that have sent pictures THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment