Friday, August 18, 2006

A Renaissance Wench!

Hey it's me in one of my Renaissance gowns! Before I got hooked on creating jewelry I sewed renaissance gowns and loved quilting and creating holiday decor! This is an OLD photo I found of me, in one of my gowns! This was for a Scottish festival in South Florida. I wore this beauty for the day with a triple krenlin in 95 degree plus heat -- INSANE!! I don't know what was worse - my broken back from wearing a corset all day or heat exhaustion! I tore this outfit off in the car on the way home!!! By the end of the day...I lived up to every letter in the Renaissance word WENCH!!

If you asked me 2 years ago...I never would have imagined I'd be creating jewelry and clay art full-time! I was an Admissions / Marketing Director for Nursing & Rehabilitation Centers in Ft. Lauderdale for years!! I have a bachelor's degree in Health Care Management! I love working with patients & families & the physicians & Hospitals....I am a wiz at Medicare benefits & like to educate people about this ever evoloving & confusing world of benefits!!

I still stay in touch with friends and clients down there in Florida (i'm in NY now). I miss them all the time! I could easily have a blog dedicated just to healthcare marketing & benefits!! Hmm! I miss it! I'm hoping to be able to do both in the near future--create jewelry & work in healthcare!

No comments:

Post a Comment