Tuesday, August 08, 2006

How Can You Say NO to thisFace?

Just as the heading says..How can you say 'no' to this face? This is Miss Sallie, The Huntress. Miss Sallie lives for her daily walk. Hunting for rabbits, gophers, or any creatures lurking along side the road is her PASSION! She never sees them, even when they're right under her nose, but boy does she enjoy hunting for them!! I have to practically throw her at the bunnies for her to notice them. I thought dogs had a keen sense of smell to sense prey with, not Sallie. I guess it doesn't matter, it's just the fun of the hunt, like playing hide and seek. Even if she caught a little critter I don't think she'd know what to do with it!

Why do I mention this? Well..ALL DAY Sallie brings me little rubber mice, stares at me, wiggles her rear end & makes honking noises, and scratches at the side of my leg until I give in & take her for a walk. She'll even find her way onto my workbench or chair to bug me. Some days are worse than others...today was one of those days! When the walk is over what does she do...flop down sleep & for the rest of the evening, happy as can be with one of her little mice, as if it was the real thing! If only life was that simple for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment